Support the globe


The Globe at Hay is home to The Institute of Art and Ideas, a charitable trust founded to promote free thinking, creativity and debate.  We aim to engage the local community of all ages in imaginative, intellectually stimulating, creative and socially inclusive projects celebrating all forms of expression.

Why we need your support

Our mission is to deliver a vibrant programme of events, festivals, workshops and exhibitions in a welcoming and creative environment year-round.  We rely on support from our local community, businesses and charitable trusts to deliver over 250 live music gigs, 200 talks and debates, 50 community events, club nights and workshops, quarterly exhibitions, a 10-day philosophy and music festival and many more performances, workshops and events throughout the year.

Over 70% of our income is raised through our box office, café bar sales, fundraising activities, self catering accommodation and venue hire; we need your support to raise the remaining 30%, helping us to create a sustainable future for the globe at hay.

How you can help

Your support, at any level, is extremely valuable to us.  Whether you become a Friend of the IAI, donate online, invest in us through your business or simply sign up to our mailing list, your support will make a difference.

Contact for details of how you can support the Globe.